Thursday 29 March 2018

EVAL SCRIPT: Q3 Talk Show

Key:
H: Host
C: Contestant

H: Welcome back to our talk show.  Tonight we have a very special gust. He is the director and editor of Lugnut Productions and has been part of making a film which will be coming out soon next year.

H: *name of C* how are you.

C: Hello, I'm good thanks.

H:As I understand you are a brand new company and this is your first movie. You have had help  from both Clinnick Media and Gingerbread Films to create this new horror movie called Christmas Sleigher.

C: Yes this is true.

H: I have a surprise for you during the course of this talk show by the way and after the ad breaks it will become very clear *takes a long weird look at C*

C: *laughs awkwardly* does this have anything to do with the fact I handed in my phone before the show?

H: *Stares into distance not saying anything*

H: Anyways... first of all tell me, how was it to get to grasps on things. For example, had you ever used a camera before this movie?

C: It was quite difficult at times but I think we overall managed very well. I have used a camera before, I used to have a youtube channel when I was in my pre-teens and I have done both GCSE and AS Level Media Studies. For this film however there were some new things and I could use a lot of information and skills learnt from my school life. Some things that were easy was the use of cameras and tri-pods and setting them up. However I have only recently started using the 180 degree rule. This was something new and it really helped me in trying to create continuous editing in the film.

H: That's pretty neat, if any of the audience has any more of a clue what the 180 degree rule or what continuous editing is... I applaud.

C: Oh! well its basically when....

H: Yeah thats ok, everyone has google nowadays.. So tell me, is this final cut what you originally planned?

C: Oh no it wasn't, we originally planned for it to be be a zombie/slasher hybrid but decided to discard that idea completely. We were relying on too many people to come help us for free as we are such a small company.. This ended up with a very select few ever turning up and the ones we needed the most, never came. Our lead role literally never showed up. Since all of our actors were teens she was also the only person with a car, which was a crucial part of it... So we scrapped it!

H: Oh that doesn't sound nice at all .. pretty rude if you ask me.

C: Yeah well, struggles of having no money.

H: So this new idea, how did it develop.. Now just bare with me here audience but I have seen the opening of this film and I just want your opinion on this very small clip.

*"Youuu lieeee.... come down to the garage" plays* * small silence, audience cheers*

H: How .. Why on earth did you think of a creepy santa like that!

C: Well it basically came from the fact that it was in december when we finally had gotten an idea,that firstly, had very limited actors/ actresses, meaning reliability wasn't an issue, an original idea with links to previous horror movies, creating intertextuality to widen the audience appeal, had a recurring theme, and most importantly scared the s*** out of u.

*quickly covers mouth and looks in embarrassment, audience cheers.*

C: But yeah .. we needed a scary figure and since christmas was in our mind we thought, "Hey why not a killing santa?" It has also been done before in black christmas and christmas evil, so we knew it would work well.

H: Amazing, we'll be right back after this small ad break!

*ad about a gimble*

H: Hello and welcome back, now we will go through some of the struggles throughout the development of this film. Now as said before people might be wandering why I asked for Oliver's phone. Well here is the reason. I will be reading some texts between the team.

*audience cheers*

*text sequence plays out, Oliver is visually embarrassed and reacts accordingly*

H: Well, its time to move on, the channel wants to air some weird drone race now.. Hope it doesn't end up like the one you planned to use!

H: Thanks for stopping by and talking to us today about the new film Christmas Sleigher.

H: Ladies and gentlemen give it up for Oliver!

*audience cheers*

*fade, cameras pan put as oliver leaves the scene*





No comments:

Post a Comment